Zanzibar Commission for Tourism (ZCT) was established in 1992 as a public institution. Later in 1996, it got legal support when the Tourism Promotion Act. No.9 was enacted. Under the Act the responsibility of the ZCT is explicitly shown as the promotion of Zanzibar as a tourist destination.
In particular the ZCT deals with:
– Licensing (operation) of all the tourist undertakings.
– Product development, grading and classification
– Monitoring and supervision of the industry.
– Public education programme.
– Assisting potential investors
– Keeping of all records and data on tourism
– Training of manpower etc.
– Production and distribution of the promotional materials
For more information, please contact us:
Zanzibar Commission for Tourism
Tel: + 255 (0)24 2233485/6
Fax:+ 255 (0)24 2233448
P. O. Box 1410